Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Other Mothers


Other Mothers Joanna Joy A Stylish Love Story Fashion Blog Lifestyle Blog Adopted Mothers Filling The Void Hope Loss Memorial Rememberance
Photography: Kendra Blair
Earrings: Free People
Sunglasses: Gucci
Tie Up Top: Similar
White Bikini: Similar


Hello!  How are you doing today? I hope everyone is having a wonderful week.  Today I wanted to talk about how some of us make it through life without our birth mothers, but “other mothers”.  Maybe she had an illness, an accident, committed suicide, or abandoned us.  If this scenario includes you, how did you make it through?  

When our real mothers can’t be there for us, we always have a choice to adopt new people in our lives to fill that void.  Fortunately, I found many women in my life that have helped to fill in at times when I needed someone I could trust to talk to, someone who listened, and gave sound advice.  When certain times of the year roll around like wedding season, the births of our babies, and the holidays, we may start to think about how nice it would be to have our real mothers around to fill in the empty spaces.  However, we can remain thankful to have been blessed with our adopted “other mothers” that can be there for us when we need them.  

When my birth mom left this world, I adopted quite a few “other mothers”, what about you? Do you have “other mothers” too?

5 comments:

  1. Lovely words and beautiful post!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post dear! I lost my dad late last year, as time moves on I find myself considering others to fill the gap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, thanks for sharing and stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I wasn’t close to my Mom. I had to find a way to mother myself. Beautiful post and now I have an entire community that’s my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, finding a way to mother yourself may have some unknown advantages though. Glad to hear you found a community you feel comfortable in. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete