Thursday, September 6, 2018

3 Reasons Why Team Work Works



Hello!  How is your week going?  Today I want to talk to you about team work.  How many of us have been brought up to be completely self-reliant so that we don’t have to ask anyone for help for anything?  In many ways this way of thinking can be useful if we are alone and trying to survive on an island.  However, I have observed that in life and work, most success has come as a result of collaboration and team work. 

1.       More Solutions and Options
Observing leaders who have an “open mindset” to listening to numerous people’s ideas vs. leaders who only rely on themselves for a solution to a problem or to create and grow a better organization I feel are better leaders.  Why?  Because the one thing we can’t always see ourselves is perspective.  Everyone sees things differently.  Understanding how people think differently about an approach to a team project or a solution to a problem is fascinating to me and this is my favorite part of team work.  It’s also helpful, because once we’ve gathered about ten ideas together vs. just one (ours), we will have a lot of options (good or bad) to choose from.  We may also have found an idea that will work better than the one we had originally thought of ourselves.

 I know this sounds like common sense, but how many of us actually do this?

2.       Expert Knowledge and Higher Quality Outcomes
When I started my blog I was trying to do everything myself, but I quickly learned to delegate tasks in areas that I wasn’t highly skilled in like photography and web design.  Working with professionals who had expert knowledge in their fields made it easier for me to focus on the creative side which is my favorite aspect of blogging.  They also did a much better job than what I would have done on my own. 

What is your favorite aspect of blogging?

3.       Connecting and Building Relationships
Working on a team can be fun and rewarding at the end of the day.  Instead of feeling frustrated in trying to figure everything out on our own, we can ask for help from the relationships that we have built through connecting with other people through team work. Also, whenever possible, it is best to meet in person to make a face to face connection.  A lot of our communication is nonverbal.  Also, you can’t hear the “tone” of someone’s voice through a screen, an email, or a text message.

I hope you found this helpful!


With Love,

Joanna

10 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of team work!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I think even bloggers supporting bloggers could be considered team work so thank you!

      Delete
  2. Oh very interesting post darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for stopping by. =)

      Delete
  3. Some great points.

    https://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree with the tips that you shared. If it done well then it work. I however prefer to do things myself because of the people who are always hiding behind teamwork and end up not contributing anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I can totally relate to having a team that doesn't perform at the same level or commitment. Definitely frustrating.

      Delete