Thursday, March 29, 2018

Interview with Designer Michaele Nunez from Mickaa.com




Hello! Today I wanted to introduce you to Michaele Nunez.  I found this beautiful lady on Instagram and I couldn’t help but notice her glowing skin and inviting smile.  There is so much more of her story to tell, so here we go…
Hi Mickaa!  Thank you for sharing your time with us.  I read your bio and saw that you lived in Haiti until the age of fourteen.  How was your transition to the United States and what was that like for you? 

I came here to United State legally when I was fourteen years of age. My father is an American Citizen so that made the process smooth however, I remember feeling extremely happy but scared at the same time. It was a new world for me, a new language, new types of food, everything was completely different from what I'd always known.  Sometimes I'd cry myself to sleep because I missed home.  It was a challenge to learn English. Gosh! That was difficult. 

How did you become interested in fashion and tell us about your background?

When I was growing up, wearing pants was not allowed by my parents, only dresses and skirt were allowed.  So, I grew up wearing nothing but that. As you can see, most of my outfits are dresses. I feel beautiful and sexy when I wear a beautiful dress, especially if it compliments my body. Lol!  

I moved to New York City when I was 23 and I remembered I used to go to Uptown New York and the women there were dressed beautifully with their heels.  They had beautiful dresses on and I remembered I said to myself...I'm going to be one these women someday.  LOL!

I visited your website and I see that you have your own clothing line.  There are so many lovely pieces and I really love the colors!  In fact, I saw a lot of wonderful resort pieces that would work perfectly for warmer weather.  What influences your designs and how would you describe your line/ personal style?

I am a color girl, everything colorful makes me happy.  I feel so alive when I wear a gorgeous white crop top with a red maxi open front skirt. I love being a sexy sophisticated woman and I am not afraid to show it either.  
My online store speaks so much of my own personal style. My line is conservative with a sexy feel to it, and I love it.



What advice would you give to other people who are thinking about starting their own line?

Don't be afraid to fail, and when you do, start over. 

Okay, your skin is unbelievable…I mean Wow!  How do you get your amazing GLOWING skin and where can we access these magical products?

Oh, my goodness thank you so much. I am a paid brand ambassador for Exuviance, a prestige online skin care company. When I was contacted by the company to represent their brand I was head over heels!  I literally broke down to tears one night thinking…WOW!  Let's just say with Exuviance, I feel more confident with my skin, I have never felt more beautiful. I love all of their products and I don't have a favorite really! 
Check them out here: https://www.instagram.com/exuviance/ 


You are in fantastic shape!  Can you share your diet and fitness secrets with the rest of us?

Aww…how sweet of you. My father and my mother are very petite, especially my dad. Let's just say the entire family is short and small except my two brothers who are 6'1 and 6'2.  My secret really is a 45 minute work out every morning no matter how tired and sleepy I am.  LOL!  I eat healthy and I don’t drink soda, ever. I drink lots of water and eat a lot of yogurt, I mean a lot!

Lastly, my favorite quote on your Instagram says,

“Go where you are celebrated. If they can’t see the real value of you, it’s time for a new start, because you are worthy and you matter.”

Can you tell us why this quote is meaningful to you?

I am that woman who doesn't give up easily.  Before I turn my back away from anything, I give my all, and I fight. And I know when to let go. Trust me, letting go can be very difficult, but I always remind myself that Michaele, “You Matter”, “You Are Precious and Valuable” and "You are worth much more than what you are receiving". That's why this particular quote means a lot to me. It keeps reminding me that:

“I MATTER, AND IF I GO WHERE I WILL BE CELEBRATED, WHY NOT?” 

Where can we find you?
Website:here
Exuviance Skin Care: Exuviance Skin Care
Instagram: uptown_with_mickaa


Thank you so much for sharing your life story and pearls of wisdom with us!  I feel as if there is so much more to your story and I could go on forever asking you a million more questions about your life!  I thoroughly enjoyed reading your interview and your empowering words.  Hopefully, we can meet in person one day!

4 comments:

  1. Michaele is amazing! Beautiful inside out. It was great reading her life story. She already accomplished so much and I'm sure that she will accomplish even more. I can't wait to check out her designs and her page.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She seems to be a very hard working and nice woman.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful person inside and out. I will definitely check out Mickaa on Instagram, I love pictures and style of course. Wonderful interview, it really gave the reader a good look at Mickaa's world!

    Cheers,
    Tania
    https://inspiremyfancy.com/

    ReplyDelete