Saturday, January 27, 2018

Out With The Old and In with Sustainable Clothing from Pact Clothing

Decluttering Your Wardrobe

*Created in collaboration with PACT to support the sustainable clothing initiative, but I was in no way compensated  for this post.



This is literally the story of my life haha.  If you are a clothing lover like myself, you can surely relate to this never ending cycle of new clothing coming in and old clothing going out.  This can be a task in itself, especially if you have attachment issues to clothing due to sentimental reasons.  I admit, I have had clothes that I can’t get rid of due to the memories it holds for me. However, this year was a pivotal year for me.  I started to think about how much holding on to the “stuff” was hurting my personal relationships.  I had to take a serious look at the “cost” of holding on to so much stuff.
“Memories don’t exist in the things themselves, rather they are in our minds and embedded in our stories.”
I still have a hard time letting go, but I am getting better.  Who else owns clothes from every era? Let it go…



Tips to “Decluttering” or “Letting Go”:

·        Ask Yourself: “What pieces will you want to wear for the next 5 years?” (Think of your capsule wardrobe: a few good coats, easy t-shirts, a few good sweaters or cardigans, jeans, work pants, skirts, dresses, exercise clothes, and pajamas.)

·        Ask Yourself: “What items do I want to sell or give away?” For those high-quality items, you may want to consider selling or gifting to a good friend or family member.  List them on Ebay or popular apps like Poshmark, DePop, and Let Go.

·        Ask Yourself: “Do I Need a Friend to Help Me Sort Through My Stuff?” (If you have a hard time letting go, you may want to ask a friend who can help keep you on task)

·        Ask Yourself: “Am I over this trend?” and “Is this even wearable?” (no moth holes, snags, or stretched out clothing, also does this even still fit?)

·        Ask Yourself: “How Can I Make a Difference in Someone Else’s Life?”

Yes, you can make a difference to another girl or woman by donating what you don’t want.  Maybe this girl or woman shops at thrift stores because she is struggling to get by financially or maybe just wants to get a great deal on some stylish trendy apparel.  Maybe she is a single mom who has to manage her money wisely and is looking to save on an awesome outfit, or an “interview suit” for a prospective job interview, or maybe this woman needs a “working wardrobe” for the new job she just landed.  Just thinking about how much we would be helping another woman should be exciting to us and should motivate us to step into our closets and start sorting and “letting go”.



I have listed organizations below that you may want to consider donating to depending on where you feel the love of giving…

·        WHW (Women Helping Women)
·        Working Wardrobes
·        American Red Cross
·        United Way
·        Madre
·        Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
·        Soles 4 Souls
·        Career Gear
·        Brides Across America
·        Share Your Soles
·        Change Purse
·        Indigo Rescue
·        One Sight
·        Assistance League
·        Los Angeles LGBT Center
·        Out of The Closet
·        Salvation Army
·        Goodwill
·        Dress For Success

Do You Believe that What You Wear Matters?  Considerations For Future Wardrobe Purchases…

Pact Organic Clothing Black Drawstring Pants


In the future, we may want to consider thinking beyond our purchases in a more environmentally conscious way.  I found this great line from Pact, a clothing brand that uses the best sustainable ingredients and Fair Trade Certified Factories. 

Pact Organic Clothing Lightweight Hoodie Navy Stripe

Pact Organic Clothing Slouchy Fit Sweatshirt Charcoal Heather Stripe




·       No Toxic Dyes
·       No Pesticides
·       Only uses the best sustainable ingredients
·       Uses Fair Trade Certified Factories
Pact leggings organic cotton


When you make purchases from Pact clothing, you can look good while feeling good about what you are wearing! 

Lightweight Eco-Blend Wrap Cardigan Pact Clothing




I hope you found some helpful tips and consider shopping from Pact this year.

2-Pack Low Rise Bikini Grey Pact Organic Clothing

Pact Organic Clothing Sorbet Railroad Stripe Anklet Socks


Hope you have a wonderful week!

Joanna





4 comments:

  1. Pact has some gorgeous clothing options. I really like their neutral colour scheme.

    I do agree with you, there is no point in holding on to clothes we probably won't wear again. Speaking of which, it is high time for me to clean my closets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the donation organization list as well as decluttering tips. We could all use it. Nothing like a good declutter to kick of the new year.

    Xx
    Nikki
    ww.nikkilivinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you found the donation list helpful. There are a lot of great organizations out there.

      Delete