Friday, August 5, 2016

My Dream Closet


Have you ever imagined what your 
dream closet would look like?

I have.  

It would be Functional, Organized, and Spacious.

It would also have…

A Sparkly Chandelier


Restoration Hardware crystal circle chandelier
Restoration Hardware




Lots of space between each item.





Natural light with a glass ceiling like an atrium for an airy feel.  I would love to experience the sunlight even while working indoors on my computer.



A large bistro café like table with two chairs so I can use that space to set up my computer, work on my blog, or drink coffee with a friend.


A fluffy chair with a side of flowers.


Z Gallerie

A corner with a large full length dressing mirror with backlit lighting.


A Rococo Style Vintage Vanity. 

One can dream…Okay, back to reality….Does your closet look like this?  






Are you a college student living in a very small dorm in San Francisco? Maybe you just moved into your first micro apartment in New York City, or are renting a little room with no closet space at all in Los Angeles, and all you have is a makeshift rolling clothes rack with a hanging shoe rack over the door.  


makespace app


Are you an amazingly creative, but disorganized, and messy fashion blogger in Chicago?  Shoe, bag, and clothes hoarder?  Is your jewelry a tangled mess and you can’t find the pair to the other shoe in the pile?  Or maybe could it be that you just have too much stuff?





makespace app


Ok, you don’t have to answer that…but if you can relate to this scenario, then maybe this app from MakeSpace can help to pick up, store, and bring back what closet items you need each season when you need them. 

The first part of getting organized is getting rid of stuff you don’t use or need.   Getting rid of stuff that doesn’t bring you joy like pants that you grew out of back in high school and that souvenir collection collecting dust, all need to go. Below is a flowchart that may help you decide how you can declutter.
makespace app


The next part is sorting through what you will need and use for the current season and what you can store away for the next season.  That way, the space you have stays functional, organized, and spacious.




Here is how it works:

When you download their app, you can ask a MakeSpace representative to pick up your stuff, store it safely for you for as long as you wish, and when you need it back for that season or move, you can request it back again by simply using the MakeSpace app.  


makespace app



makespace app





If you'd like to see some of the Self Storage Locations Click Here 

More locations are coming soon.  What a great idea for an app!



*This post was a collaboration with MakeSpace.  I was not paid for this review.






42 comments:

  1. I wish to have big and nice closet with a lot of space ;-)very useful advice my dear, thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to have a big and spacious closet but now it is impossible so i should do sort and get rid of stuff which I don't use. Thank you for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this post! Keep up the good work:))

    xx
    Aida
    www.espritdemode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful selection!!!!!
    Chiara
    Www.chiaraangiolino.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh your dream closet sounds amazing! I would love to have a closet that is well-organized, with lots of space and a great big ole chandelier. :) And MakeSpace sounds like a wonderful ideas as well!

    I hope all is well and you're having a fantastic week, Joanna!

    ~Lindsey
    http://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsey! Your travel posts are wonderful. I can't wait to see where you'll be next:)

      Delete
  6. I love the idea of your dream closet, girlie, so luxe and glam! I also like your guide for a closet clean out, I find it very helpful, especially since I'm in the process of moving this weekend! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dwar. Glad you liked it and found it useful. Best of luck on that move. Hope it goes smooth.

      Delete
  7. I just moved and am still decluttering It is amazing how much stuff you assemble when living in the same place for a while.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool! I thi8nk I heard about this concept before and I thought it was amazing! As for my dream colest itself, oh yes, I actually daydream about it! ;) All thanks to the amount of interior decor boards I follow on Pinterest, lol. Thanks for sharing, lovely!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. I love looking at interior decor as well. This app definitely sounds like a really convenient service to use.

      Delete
  9. Estupendas imágenes..un saludo desde Murcia...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just a girl living a big dream in this small world; I am a fashion, beauty, & lifestyle blogger. This blog is to inspire, give suggestions, and have fun with what I share.I also want such more post here.Have a good day for all.
    Thanks
    Linda
    best birthday present
    best gift ideas for girlfriend
    cheap christmas gift ideas
    best toddler shoes
    clothing styles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dream closet sounds so lovely. Definitely what I would wnvision for mine! MakeSpace is a fantastic idea too! Love the flow chart and how they help you through the process.

    enchantingelegance.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda. I love it too. It's such a great idea.

      Delete
  12. Really fun post!! I never would have thought of natural light in a closet, but now I'm going to want that!!! And neat app! I have so much clothes...lol. I'm getting disorganized with it! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.gracerock-kellyroll.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh that full length mirror is beautiful! This app sounds great, definitely going to check it out!

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh very cute and inspiring post darling
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved ur tips girl! Going to check out this app:-)

    www.wunderbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. that would be quite the closet! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura. I was thinking it would be more like a loft room work space/ closet space:)

      Delete
  17. que maravillas de productos, es todo precioso, anotado. buen verano

    ReplyDelete
  18. We just created our walk in closet and while it may not be my dream closet.. it is a nice big closet with enough space to fit all my stuff and I am content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hena. I understand. Most of us don't have huge spaces to store our clothes which is why this app is so great.

      Delete
  19. Lovely photos. This chandelier is wonderful. Kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. A rainbow closet sounds amazing. I think it would be the happiest, most cheery closet if it existed. Maybe you can work on making that happen.

    ReplyDelete